COVID-19 Policies & ProceduresWe are being very stringent in our COVID-19 protocols and appreciate your patience and cooperation. PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY. Due to the infectious nature of COVID-19 and the intimate nature of our work, including prolonged periods of time in a room together, and knowing that people with COVID-19 can be asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms and still be contagious, we ask that you adhere to all protocols
There is no way to completely protect ourselves from this virus. We are taking extra precautions with each client, including health history reviews, as well as more enhanced sanitation and disinfecting protocols. Please do everything asked of you so we can do our best to protect each other and the larger community. Thank you!
Most people experience or start with mild symptoms, so you will be asked these questions when you come in regardless of how you are feeling.
If you have been experiencing any of these, even just mildly, please cancel your appointment, and wait 3 days until you are symptom free to reschedule. Many people think they have a “sinus infection” or “my allergies are bad this year” or “I ate something that’s upset my belly.” If these thoughts are going through your head, please reschedule.
Also, if you have COVID, you can be most contagious 2 days BEFORE your symptoms start. So you can be feeling well, and then bam…not feeling well. That’s how tricky this virus can be and why mask wearing is required at all times in the office.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms at all, please cancel immediately:
- Exhaustion/Fatigue (yawning in the middle of the day?)
- Sore throat/Tickle in throat/Swollen lymph nodes
- Cough or feeling of having to clear your throat often
- Shortness of breath (even when talking)
- Sudden Loss of Taste or Smell
- Runny nose/post nasal drip
- Sudden onset of aches and/or joint pain
- Upset Belly/Nausea
- Increased temperature/fever (above what you normally run. 99.3 or higher is one of the early symptoms of COVID)
We will be taking your temperature upon arrival. We have a fancy schmancy thermometer that tells even when you are running a slight fever. Here is the chart and how this will be handled.
95.9-99.1 – Green, smile face Normal – It’s a GO, you get your massage!
99.3-100.4 – Yellow, frowny face – Slight Fever. If your temperature starts here, we will have you step out into the hallway and take 5 minutes to cool down. We will re-take your temp. If it does not, go down below 99.3, it will be up to you and your therapist to decide whether to proceed. Discussing why your temperature is showing a slight fever. Also, sitting in a hot car will do this. So if you arrive early, please step within the business condo atrium to cool off first. We MAY have to reschedule. This will be a case-by-case basis.
100.6-109.2 – RED, HIGH FEVER, frown face. Again, we will direct you to the hallway to cool off. If your temperature does not go down, we MAY have to reschedule. If your temperature is staying above 100.6, we recommend you see your DR. asap.
We do recommend that you have some baseline of what your temperature is before you come in.
A Few things to know First:
- IF YOU HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM TRAVELING TO A “HOTSPOT” for COVID-19, please give yourself 14 days before booking an appointment. If you need to reschedule this one, please call us at 814-456-5833.
- Do NOT bring anyone else with you. If you do, they will have to wait outside. NO WAITING ROOM.
- Keep talking to a bare minimum in the rooms, only discussing the treatment and work being done as little as possible.
COVID 19 PROTOCOLS: DAY OF APPOINTMENT
Masks are Required at all times. We will figure out what works best for the face down position when you arrive but your mouth and nose will be covered at all times
Text 814-456-5833 when you arrive, we will text you back when we are ready for you.
Wait in your car or outside, or in the building atrium, down by the water fountain if it is hot outside. (Again, THERE IS NO WAITING ROOM, and we have to wait for disinfecting and sanitation to be completed.)
UPON ENTRY TO OUR OFFICES
– Client and therapist will immediately wash their hands
– Client will get a temperature check, if your temperature is 99.3 or higher we will have you wait 5 minutes by the water fountain to cool down. If your temp does not lower, we will MAY HAVE TO RESCHEDULE, If it is above 100.4, WE WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE.
– You will have to sign a Covid 19 Liability Waiver Form along with our New Office Policies.
– If you feel sick or are not feeling well at all, call us immediately to cancel. Don’t hesitate one bit!
Your massage therapist and all employees of this facility abide by all these same standards. We also affirm that we have improved and expanded our sanitation/disinfection protocols to more thoroughly fight the spread of Covid 19 and other communicable conditions.
Please understand, if you do not abide by these protocols, you could unknowingly be spreading COVID-19. In addition, with the local Health Department’s contact tracing and quarantine protocols, you could unknowingly be putting our staff at risk of having to quarantine for 14 days and being off work for that long or even longer. Please be considerate and forward thinking of the ripple effects as we must be in coherence with the Health Department’s contact tracing protocol.
If you have had COVID-19 in the past, please make sure to let us know ahead of time, there could be some contraindications, and we want to make sure we can work with you safely. Please see below:
- Mild symptoms – 1-7 days of symptoms. Please know the date of your Isolation Release from the Health Department and wait at least 7 days after that date to book a massage. Also, please update your Medical history with our Online Intake form which will be emailed to you upon booking.
- Moderate/Severe symptoms – 8 days and over of symptoms. Please know the date of your Isolation Release from the Health Department. You must wait at least 20 days after your Isolation Release to book a Massage. Since there appears to be many lingering and relapsing symptoms for people with more moderate to severe cases, we will need a thorough intake on your experience to make sure there are no contraindications that could cause a relapse. You can update your Medical History with our Online intake form which will be emailed to you upon booking. You can also email Heather Hart, Owner, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss treatment and whether or not it is safe.
EXTRA STEPS WE ARE TAKING:
- Air purifiers with UV lights are running all day in each room
- Staggered appointment times (as much as possible) to eliminate clients and therapists being around other people.
- 30 minutes in between each appointment to allow for proper disinfecting times with our solutions.
- Face Massage and Couples Massages are suspended for the time being.