Float Therapy: not just for the lake!
Floating at the lake is great therapy, for sure. Anyone raised on this Great Lake certainly knows the utter pleasure of lying back and just feeling held by the soft of the water and then spending countless amounts of time just staring at the sky (and hoping none of the gulls take aim… ha). However, the float therapy we are introducing to Erie is distinct in many ways from other forms of floatation. It takes that lake float to a whole other level of effective (and totally gets rid of the gull worry).
To start, you may already know about float tanks. Maybe you’ve even been in one some time when you were out of town, but that is not what we’re building for our clients. We’re going a big, giant step further to make sure you have the most comfortable and safe feeling experience possible.
Being in one of those tanks can feel anything from weird to full out claustrophobic. How could it not? You know that lid is right over your face! And the tanks also have, what my Pittsburgh friends would call, a “janky” feel to them. We don’t want that for you. So…
We’re building float therapy ROOMS.
Yes, rooms. You’ll have a private space to get ready in and take your shower after, and then you’ll enter into a room that is all yours. The floor is your tiny, private tank. You can read a lot more about the specifics of our Wave Elite Float Tank right here, but to summarize a bit:
- Firstly, the glass entry door and the 72″ tall ceiling will help you to feel complete ease and comfort as you enter the float room, therefore, with Wave, claustrophobic feelings are a thing of the past.
- Secondly, you’ll have control over six choices of color lighting and calming music to add to your restful and relaxing experience.
- Thirdly, Wave’s Vortex™ filtration system keeps the float tank’s water and float tank floor clean and crystal clear so you never have to worry about hygiene!
Rooms, we hope, will allay your anxiousness the first time you try this. But why would you try it? What’s the benefit beyond what you get floating in the lake?
The numerous benefits of float therapy are continually being discovered.
If you’ve watched any British television, you know that often when people were sick, they’d send them to the seaside for some ocean air. We know that being by the ocean is healthy in many ways. Here’s a fascinating article about the history of the sea as medical cure.
Why compare float therapy to the ocean? Remember that you’ll be floating on salt water. That water, unlike the freshwater of the lake, helps you to float without effort. Which is important… this leads to a much deeper full body and mind relaxation.
Add that to the ensuing sensory deprivation, and even the Cleveland Clinic has found that it can be curative for a bunch of modern maladies, like stress, sleeplessness, and pain. Go here and you’ll find a few of the studies they link to.
Besides stress, sleeplessness, and pain, float therapy can help with the following (and likely more)*:
- Decreasing anxiety
- Increasing concentration and focus
- Boosting your immune system (due to decreased stress)
- Increasing endorphins
- Reducing muscle tension
- Reducing migraines
- Decreasing arthritis and joint pain
- Speeding up recovery after working out and training
- Naturally lowering blood pressure
- Decreasing fatigue
*Always remember that none of this constitutes medical advice. Please see your family doctor if you have any questions about float therapy and your health.